Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your Slack account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
1. Go to Dashboard -> Integrations.
2. Click on “Configuration” for Slack
3. Review the information, and click “Enable slack configuration”
4. To receive notifications from the CoReceptionist bot, an employee must be listed with the same email address both in your CoReceptionist employee directory and on your Slack team.
5. We recommend testing new features before engaging your whole team. On the CoReceptionist iPad, sign yourself in as a test visitor, select yourself as the host, and check out the notification you get from the CoReceptionist bot.
When the Enable Sync, CoReceptionist will check once an hour for Slack usernames that are associated with the email addresses of your employee contacts. If the username is found, a Slack message preference will automatically be created for the contact.
Now, check your contacts to ensure their Slack username has been synced and that a slack messaging preference has been added to ensure notifications include Slack.
Notifications for new visitors will now come through the SlackBot channel and, just like email and text messages, will allow your contacts and visitors to proceed with two-way communications.
To receive every visitor arrival notification on public channels, enable “Send notification on Channel” option. Admin can choose more than 1 public channels. The selected channels group members will receive notifications of every visitor arrivals.