Terms of Service
Last update: Jun 13, 2017.
Personally Identifiable Information
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you when you visit our website unless you voluntarily disclose such information to us; such as when you register an account with us, fill out a form or elect to use certain features on our website. We do require basic contact information should you choose to order our Services, such as your and/or your company’s name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. We also require payment information (such as a valid credit card number) for Service that is not free, but payment is handled by a third-party service provider and we do not process, store or otherwise take custody of or responsibility for this payment information. Ultimately, you have control over whether you visit our website anonymously, and you can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, although doing so may restrict your access to certain features on our website as well as to our Service.
Our Service enables our customers to collect, store and manage data about themselves, their employees or their own customers and guests. For example, our customers may ask that visitors to their offices check in at a registration stand or desk using the Service by providing their name, address and other basic contact information, as well as their check-in and check-out times. These visitors may also be asked to take a picture and share additional information such as date of birth or license plate number. The Service automatically creates a record of this information (e.g., a visitor log) that we collect and store for the limited purposes set forth below. Our customers are responsible for choosing what visitor data they wish to collect and for ensuring that their visitor’s consent to the collection of such data. For more information, please see our Terms of Service
Non-personally identifiable information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you whenever you interact with our website or use the Service, such as your browser name, operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and other related technical information that does not personally identifiable with you.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Coreceptionist for iPad collects and uses your personal and non-personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize the user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our visitors and customers as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To improve our website – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback that you send us.
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To administer marketing, surveys or other features on our website.
- To send you information that you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. By entering your email address in a form on our website you will be added to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the case of visitor logs and other data about our customer’s employees and visitors that are generated and stored in connection with the Service, we will not use any personally identifiable information for any purpose other than providing and improving the Service to that particular customer. We understand that such information is considered confidential by our customers.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website. Sensitive and private data exchange between the website and you happen over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. For additional information you may request our Security Overview by emailing email@example.com
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personally identifiable information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
EU and Swiss Residents
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with the U.S.–E.U. and U.S.– Swiss Safe Harbor principles, located at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. In particular and without limiting the foregoing, we encourage you to contact us at any time should you wish for us to discontinue our use of your personally identifiable information, at which time we will destroy our copies of such information upon your written request. We also encourage you to use the contact information below to inform us of any complaints or disputes you may have regarding the use of your personal information. We will thoroughly investigate the matter internally and make every effort to attempt to resolve the issue quickly. If your dispute cannot be resolved by us internally, we agree to dispute resolution with the Better Business Bureau as our third party resolution provider.
You may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
CoReceptionist and GDPR
For the purposes of the GDPR:
- We are the data controller (as defined in the GDPR) when processing Account and Marketing Data; and
We will not process Visitor or Employee Data except as provided in our Terms of Service and we require our customers to comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
The remainder of this GDPR applies to Account and Marketing Data only and does not apply to Visitor or Employee Data.
This GDPR Addendum was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal data. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for further information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
CoReceptionist Complies with the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), which became operative in January 2020. As per CCPA specification, CoRecepionist will operate as a Service Provider under CCPA in regards to its customer. In using our websites and our services, we realize that you are trusting us with your information. We are dedicated to withholding the trust and it begins with sharing our privacy strategy inclusive of dispersing the knowledge to exercise your rights under CCPA.
Contact us at email@example.com for the below mentioned
operations associated with CCPA:
- Further general information or questions on how CoReceptionist is complying with CCPA
- To request a copy of our Data Processing Agreement (as it concerns to CCPA)
- For Business Customer requests to review, correct, renew, remove or otherwise alter any of their data that may be collected through CoReceptionist
- To unsubscribe from marketing emails (please ensure that you put “unsubscribe” in the subject line)